What is "MY NUMBER"?
JAPANG provides the outsourced Management Services of Personal Number
(Social Security and Tax Number System in Japan) called "MY NUMBER"
for Japanese subsidiary corporations (K.K.), Japan Branches and Representative
What is My Number System?" issued by the Japanese Government
Personal number (MY NUMBER) system has been implemented in Japan since
Company needs to get hold of the employees' numbers and re-confirm the
individual identity. Going forward, for employees that will be hired in
the future, similar process will be undertaken, meaning the “Personal Number”
will be collating and each employee identified.
Under the implementing rules entitled “Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure", "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" and "Appropriate Handling Specific Personal Information Guidelines for Company", the Personal Number defines the specific range or parameters of personal information as defined under the law.
WHAT TO DO with MY NUMBER in your HR department
1. Collating and confirming of My Number
(a) Gather the numbers from each employee including their dependents
(b) Confirm identification with cross reference of valid driving license
or valid passport
2. Utilizing and disposal of My Number
(a) My Number is to be properly indicated in the withholding tax slip of each employee.
(b) My Number will be required on the applications of unemployment insurance.
(c) My Number will be required on the applications of social health / pension insurance (starting January 2017)
(d) In the future, the government will issue procedures that will cover required reports from companies.
(e) For those employees who have retired, the Personal Numbers of the retirees
and their respective dependents shall remove from the report of the companies
and deleted from company files and reports to the government.
3. Strict safety management when acquisition, keeping, utilizing and disposal of My Number
(a) Formulation of internal guidelines and data handling
- Every company shall formulate internal guidelines on appropriate
handling of specified personal information from encoding to storage at
company database in conformity with the current data handling policies
of the organization.
(b) Organized safety control measures
- Maintenance of organization framework and operation based upon its
- Maintenance of data storage security measures to prevent information leakage.
- Comprehension of the fact and periodic reviews of safety control measures where updated anti-theft procedures are implemented.
(c) Assignment and Supervision
- Assignment of an administrator.
- Supervision by the administrator and implementation of rules and instructions.
(d) Physical safety control measures
- Implementation of rules of physical access to the area where specified personal.
- Information is stored including antitheft devices, electronic surveillance and
- Implementation of safe disposal and elimination of discarded individual numbers and related information to ensure that discarded information can no longer be accessed through any electronic media.
(e) Technical safety control measures
- Administration of server devices, access control and identification / authorization of personnel.
- Protection against unauthorized access from outside sources and protection from other possible source information leakage.
No Involved in MY NUMBER when acquisition
- JAPANG sends e-mail with links page to designated employees' address to enter each number.
- Employees enter each number by using their smart device or PC, and identity verification documents such as driving license are submitted to JAPANG via image.
- Numbers and identity verification documents are directly stored into dedicated server, bypass JAPANG and your company.
- Numbers and identity verification documents received above are reviewed by JAPANG.
As numbers are bypass both JAPANG and company when acquisition, they minimize
the risk when collecting numbers, and meanwhile, your administrative workload
would also be drastically alleviated.
No Involved in MY NUMBER when keeping
- Any leakages, losses and misuses would be just about nil and JAPANG will implement safety keeping and operation because JAPANG stores personal information into a dedicated cloud server which is under advanced securities and back-up systems.
- For protection against unauthorized access, an electronic verification
system will be prepared as well as ID and password.
- We will store handling of all histories personal numbers from acquisition
to disposal and JAPANG will smoothly execute analysis of cause due to any
- These keeping purposes are by dedicated cloud server which is provided
by OBIC Business Consultant Co., Ltd (who is a very famous accounting software
provider named "Kanjo-Bugyo" in Japan.
- It is comforting to know that data center equipment for its cloud server
is located domestically. It is also full preparation for disaster relief
since the equipment is located in both Kanto and Kansai area.
No involved in MY NUMBER when utilizing and disposal
Through its acquisition, utilizing and disposal, we will be able to meet various requests immediately as we respond to this matter with consistent system which is in conjunction with main payroll systems at JAPANG.
- Only when we output the documents of those numbers, we will download a
file from server on our electrical certificated / dedicated PC. Now therefore,
there is no any personal numbers on our PCs.
Please feel free to contact us should you have any detailed questions of
JAPANG My Number management services.